New Year's Resolutions I can Keep
By Jody Worsham, Jan. 2011
All rights reserved for a new calendar
Everyone starts the New Year with a long list of resolutions. Most of these resolutions will be broken by next weekend. However, after reading about a zillion motivational books, I have come to a great discovery. Nothing breeds success like success; therefore, I have created a list of New Year's resolutions that I know I can keep. In fact, I am so confident that I can keep these that I am going to reward myself with a seven-day-after Christmas cruise starting December 31 and I am booking it today.
Here's my list.
- I resolve to buy something that will immediately go on sale the next day.
- I resolve to gain at least two pounds before Thanksgiving.
- I resolve to buy a gift card, then put it somewhere safe and forget where I put it.
- I resolve to try a new recipe and make no substitutions in ingredients at least once.
- I resolve to exercise one time.
- I resolve to wear something in May that the cleaners obviously shrunk in February.
- I resolve to buy the hottest new electronic game/printer/e-book/phone that will be outdated by the time I get it to the cash register.
- I resolve to assemble something myself and have extra parts left over when I'm finished.
- I resolve to find the on/off/record button on the new TV remote.
- I resolve to laugh out loud every day.
Happy New Year's Resolutions!